CCA Counselor Openings
CCA is actively collecting resumes for Practicum Students, LPC interns or LPCs to join our staff as volunteers (practicum students), employees (LPC Interns), or independent contractors (fully licensed professionals only who meet IC criteria) as openings allow. We currently have several openings and always keep a file that we reference first when looking for new counselors.
Who We Are
Michelle Nietert, LPC-S, our clinical director, has twenty years of private practice experience and has been a supervisor since 2005. Our group consists of people dedicated to building an impactful growing private practice and developing Solution Focused Christian Counseling skills as many of our referrals come from local churches. We offer excellent training opportunities, a large community of support, access to some of the best training resources, and a developed counselor library for treatment planning. Our most attractive feature is most staff experience an unusually fast growing private practice based on industry standards, however this varies individually by the effort of each practitioner in their marketing efforts, hours of availability, and specializations.
- Hours: Most of the business demand is after school, evenings, and weekends but IC staff members have control of their own schedules and client load. We look for interns who are willing to work a minimum of 15 hours a week. Most group members see about 10 to 25 clients a week.
- Christian Counseling: Because of our large church based referral and reputation for high quality faith based counseling offered upon request, all of our counselors are active in a local church pursuing their daily walks with Jesus and are able to bring biblical counsel into the change process when a client specifically makes that request.
- Attitude: Our staff are confident, loving members of their communities who embrace a lifestyle of continuous personal growth and development in all aspects (intellectual, relational, physical, and spiritual). They are flexible and most have an amazing sense of humor even when heckling myself, the Director, during staff meetings, which have been described by visiting mental health professionals as inspiring and empowering.
- Camaraderie: We are a group that takes community seriously and supports each other both professionally in treatment planning, case consults, and sharing knowledge and resources; as well as personally comforting each other during life's struggles and celebrating big time life's joys. We truly believe this work is hard and we are committed to having as much fun as possible by joining together to impact this often broken world knowing it was better because we engaged in impacting it for the better.
- Volunteer Practicum Students: We require an additional 5 hours per week of unpaid administrative time, which is generally part of the master's level requirements for this course.
- Meetings: Weekly staff meetings are currently held on Mondays at 12:00 and not required for licensed staff but interns supervised by Michelle Nietert, LPC-S, need to meet their monthly state supervision requirements of 4 hours per month in order to see clients under a temporary license. Most licensed staff attend a monthly community meeting for professional updates and to find support with one another in an often stressful vocation.
If the above descriptions describe you and what you're looking for in a counseling center, please email us your resume and the "Prospective Interview Questions" at HR@allencounselingassociates.com. Title the email: Request for Application and Resume.
Please DO NOT call us regarding an opportunity. If an interest exists, we will contact you.
Michelle Nietert is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor with State of Texas.